Solent University (SU) has over 10,000 full-time students and many of them will never be employed in the traditional sense of the word. In recognition of the future career needs of our student body, SU have developed two key pathways for students; one for those who seek employment and another for those who plan to set up their own business or to work as freelancers. Enterprise has been embedded in all relevant courses and students are encouraged to undertake freelance work whilst at university to better equip themselves for their future – this can be undertaken both within the curriculum and as an extra curricula activity.
The university offers:
- Start-up support and funding
- Enterprise initiatives such as Solent Creatives, RE:SO, Solent Productions, Solent TV, Solent Music, Solent Health
- Graduate support including an active networking group, business mentors and funding
- Solent Graduate Entrepreneur Internships
- Self-employed placement year available on some courses