The University of Westminster boasts a vibrant learning environment attracting more than 19,000 students from over 160 nations and we continue to invest in our future with new developments, new research projects and new ideas.
We offer highly attractive practice-based courses that are independently rated as excellent, many with international recognition. Our distinguished 180-year history has meant we lead the way in many areas of research, particularly politics, media, art and design, architecture and biomedical sciences, and our position in the city of London allows us to continue to build on our close connections with leading figures and organisations in these areas as well as in the worlds of business, information technology, politics and law.
The University supports students and graduates to develop their enterprise competencies and entrepreneurial careers pursuits through the Creative Enterprise Centre; a Student Enterprise and Entrepreneurship hub. The CEC supports students and graduates interested and pursing self-employment through freelancing or starting their own businesses through:
- A progressive and modular enterprise digital platform enabling students to manage and monitor the development of their enterprise competencies and business ideas
- One to one business advice with in-house business advisors
- Expert and industry led workshops and masterclasses on how students can build and launch their business ventures
- Expert Surgeries with Legal, Accounting and IP professional experts on specialist and fundamental aspects of starting a business
- A Creative Agency that sources and matches students to paid freelance portfolio and project commissions
- Festivals and events integrating entrepreneurial career options as a valid graduate career pathway
- An annual Westminster POP UP Shop a temporary commercial exhibition showcasing and retailing works from the University’s top makers, artists and designers
- Student competitions with monetary and mentoring prizes to kick start ideation and early stage business development
- A 12 – 24-month structured pre-accelerator programme supporting Home/EU and International graduates with a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Find out more: