Enterprise Hub Manager
Goldsmiths, University of London
Location: New Cross, London
Salary: £45,279 – £51,919 (inc London weighting)
Full time, permanent
Application deadline: Midnight on Tues 9thJuly 2019
Interview date: Wed 17thJuly 2019
This is an exciting time to be joining Goldsmiths. Following the announcement of the new Creative Enterprise Zone in New Cross and Deptford and the award of major external funding to the university, construction work on a new Enterprise Hub at Goldsmiths will begin in the autumn of 2019. The hub will support students / graduates and the local enterpreneurial community by building and maintaining an effective enterprise eco-system which supports the creation of start-up businesses and positive graduate outcomes.
Crucial to this will be developing relationships with existing enterprise provision, key partners (including Lewisham Council) and colleagues across the university to build a new facility that offers something distinctly Goldsmiths and fills a gap in local enterprise support. We envisage the Hub as a place where the university and the local entrepreneurial community will interact, share ideas, collaborate and learn together. There is a strong commitment to equality and diversity and embedding support for under-represented groups within all activities.
The staff team to manage the Enterprise Hub and lead on the development and delivery of a student / graduate enterprise offer will be under the management of the Careers Service.
The Enterprise Hub Manager will:
- lead the creation, development, promotion and on-going management of the new Enterprise Hub as the central focus for enterprise throughout Goldsmiths for students / graduates and the local community, working in close partnership with the Student Enterprise & Skills Manager (who oversees student facing enterprise provision)
- engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Enterprise Hub meets the needs of students / graduates and the local community
- drive local enterprise into the Enterprise Hub in order to make Goldsmiths a leader in business start-up support and guidance within the local area
- be a strong leader and presenter who will inspire key stakeholders through the development and delivery of effective enterprise and business development schemes
- lead the development and delivery of enterprise start-up support and growth programmes, building on existing good practice across Goldsmiths
The role is full time, permanent and operates normal business hours Monday – Friday, but will require some evening working particularly for events in the Hub as these develop.
Please note that you are welcome to submit a CV or additional documents but you must complete all sections of the application form, including the essential and desirable criteria. Failure to complete these sections may result in your application being disregarded.
Click here to apply here:
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Katy Gordon, Associate Director (Careers & Employability) for informal discussion about the role prior to applying.