10:00 am - 4:00 pm 08/03/2017
Whitehall Rooms 1-3, Conference Aston, Aston University Campus, Birmingham, B4 7ET
** Slides are available below**
** The Storify for the event is available here**
This one day ‘Enterprise Exchange’ event enabled delegates to:
- Hear the latest news about different types of crowdfunding and how it is being used in universities
- Learn how to teach about crowdfunding and incorporate live crowdfunding campaigns within the curriculum
- Learn how to run campaigns and incorporate support for crowdfunding within extra-curricular and co-curricular programmes
- Find out about the Crowdfund Campus ‘sandpit’ that uses simulated crowdfunding techniques to support idea generation and business planning
- Hear lessons learned from people who have run successful crowdfunding campaigns
Background and summary
EEUK Enterprise Exchange events are one day best practice style mini conferences where educators and practitioners come together to share and exchange good practice and expertise related to enterprise and entrepreneurship education.
This event was aimed at those who are interested in using crowdfunding within the curriculum or supporting students and graduates to run successful crowdfunding campaigns as part of extra-curricular or co-curricular programmes.
The day started with a brief overview of the different crowdfunding models and how these are being used within colleges and universities. We then went on to discuss when crowdfunding is and is not a suitable alternative finance model and we heard from a range of speakers about how they support students and graduates to use crowdfunding and related models as part of curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular programmes.
The focus throughout the event was on sharing good practice in using crowdfunding and supporting students and graduates to decide when to use crowdfunding and how to run effective campaigns.
Speakers and contributors:
- Dr Dale Heywood, University of Liverpool
- Professor George Feiger, Aston University
- Kat Carter, Hubbub
- Henry Jinman, Crowdfund Campus
- Leigh Purnell, Petalite Ltd
- Kate Beresford, Kate Beresford Associates and EEUK
- Chris Buckingham Minivation
This event was organised by EEUK, Aston University and Hubbub
See above for how to book onto this event