10:00 am - 1:00 pm 13/05/2021
EntreComp: Keeping enterprise education relevant to students in a time of uncertainty
Thursday May 13th, 10am to 1pm
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into how the EntreComp framework has been used to map modules and programmes, and as a learning and teaching tool
- Consider how EntreComp can be used to support and build students’ confidence at this uncertain time
- Acquire practical tips and approaches for immediate use with students
- Reflect on current practice and gain new insight
- Network and explore further opportunities to work together and continue the conversation
This EEUK online Enterprise Exchange event, delivered in partnership with London South Bank University and the University of the West of England, was a practical workshop demonstrating how students can be supported using the EntreComp Framework to develop self-awareness and language that may help them to operate in an uncertain economic environment.
Contributors demonstrated through practical exercises how the EntreComp Framework can be used for mapping the enterprise content of modules and how it has been used to support and build students’ confidence to articulate their skills and experience. Examples presented included where the Framework has been used to effect leadership and change mindsets with students who are at the frontline of the health and creative sectors. Debate and discussion on how EntreComp could be used and adapted to attendees’ own settings to innovate and keep enterprise relevant to students took place.
EEUK closed this event with an overview of supporting materials and the launch of a new EntreComp initiative which will support institutions in their delivery.
- Syeda Rahimunnessa, IP and Senior Student Enterprise Manager, LSBU
- Mhairi Threlfall, Senior Enterprise Consultant, UWE Bristol
- Lucy Cox, Faculty Lead ACE, UWE Bristol
- Adrian Rivers, Team Entrepreneurship Team Coach and Programme Lead, UWE Bristol
- Dan Barnard, Drama Lecturer, School of Arts & Creative Industries, LSBU
- Dr Sarah Church, Head of Division and Associate Professor, School of Health & Social Sciences, LSBU
- Alison Price, Head of Policy and Professional Development, EEUK
- Dr Kirsi Peura, Senior Advisor, University of Turku
Dan Barnard & Syeda Rahimunnessa LSBU
Lucy Cox & Mhairi Threlfall UWE
Syeda Rahimunnessa LSBU Introduction
Bookings are closed for this event.