10:00 am - 4:00 pm 24/04/2020
Fast Track to Enterprise Education and Practice
(formerly Rough Guide to Enterprise Education and Practice)
Friday April 24th 2020 10am – 4pm
UCL BaseKX Incubator Kings Cross, 103c Camley St, London N1C 4PF
Is enterprise/entrepreneurship education and practice a new challenge for you?
Want to “fast-track” your understanding of the enterprise education landscape?
Looking to meet others and see how they deliver for their students?
If you are interested in understanding more about the breadth of the enterprise/entrepreneurship agenda and extend your own current practice, then this event has been specifically designed as an overview for all those who are keen to:
- Meet others working in a variety of roles to deliver enterprise/entrepreneurship education
- See and experience real-life examples of enterprise education
- Spend the day “jargon busting” and getting to grips with key sector drivers
- Have a chance to talk to, share with and learn from, those who are in similar and related roles
Takeaways will include:
- Insights to delivering enterprise and entrepreneurship education from those who already do
- Understanding of the landscape through an appreciation of the key bodies/agencies that drive and support UK enterprise education
- Networks, tools and resources that will assist you in delivering your role
There will be a tour of UCL facilities and opportunity to meet curriculum leads, enterprising students and graduate start-ups.
Host and facilitators
- Jerry Allen, EEUK Director and Director for Entrepreneurship, UCL (Host)
- Alison Price, Head of Policy and Practice, EEUK
- Kate Beresford, Head of Membership and Operations, EEUK
Cost to attend
Staff from EEUK members £110. All others – £160. Payment required to secure your place.
Please register below
Outline of the day (subject to change)
Welcome Task and networking
|10.30||Welcome and Housekeeping||Jerry Allen, Host
Introducing the day/team
Kate Beresford, EEUK
|10.45||Programme Aim and Overview (identifying needs)
|Policy Matters 1: Exploring needs & understanding the landscape (“who is doing what” – overview of UK institutional approaches
|11.30||Walking Tour – guided tour of BaseKX incubator to meet graduate start-ups & discover one model of business incubation
UCL starts & colleagues
|12.15||Lessons Learnt – issues raised
|13.15||Policy Matters 2: Providing direction
An overview of the key documents, bodies and driving frameworks that are shaping the approach (including QAA 2018 and Entrecomp 2018)
|13.45||Showcase of 2 graduate start ups (10mins each)
Meet the staff, hear from the start-ups
|14.25||Hints & Tips Shared on creating an extracurricular entrepreneurship programme
|15.00||Policy Matters 3: Where is the support?
Showcasing the ETCToolkit and EEUK Support
|15.30||Next steps – facilitated discussion & carousel takeaways, sign posting and action planning