10:00 am - 4:00 pm 06/05/2020
****Please note that this event is now full. If you wish to be placed on a waiting list should a place become available, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org*****
Mentoring and coaching for student entrepreneurs: How to design and run an effective service
Wednesday May 6th 2020 10am – 4pm
Enterprise Lab, Imperial College London, South Kensington SW7 2AZ
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how the coaching and mentoring programmes operate at Imperial
- Be inspired by sharing best practice related to coaching and mentoring
- Gain coaching and mentoring perspectives from staff, students, coaches and mentors
- Understand the student journey between different programmes and how different programmes can be designed to complement one another
- Start to design their own coaching or mentoring programme to introduce at their college or university.
This EEUK Enterprise Exchange event will be highly interactive providing an overview of coaching and mentoring programmes at Imperial and engaging delegates to share their own experiences of coaching and mentoring programmes.
During the first session of the day Imperial staff will share how coaching complements entrepreneurship teaching within the curriculum at the postgraduate level in the Business School. The findings of an Imperial College Learning and Teaching Strategy funded research project to transform pedagogy for coaching will be presented and students will be invited to share their perspective on faculty coaching.
In the second session the Imperial Venture Mentoring Service (IVMS) will be explored. Staff and external specialists will explain how IVMS provides co-curricular support for students in the Enterprise Lab. They will cover how to set up and structure a professionally regulated network. This session will showcase a fireside chat with IVMS mentors and student mentee teams. This will expand on what was discussed at one of the best in track sessions at IEEC2019.
The next session will consider how MBA students have started and developed the extra-curricular MBA Connect programme to support pre-experience Imperial College students. Both student mentors and mentees will be on a panel to take questions about the programme.
The final session of the day will enable delegates to ‘Design your own’. Building on ideas and inspiration from the day, participants will have the opportunity to design their own coaching or mentoring programme, present these ideas to the audience, and gain audience and facilitator feedback.
Speakers and panel members
- Dr Harveen Chugh, Imperial College Business School
- Victoria Nicholl, Imperial Enterprise Lab
- Ben Mumby-Croft, Director of Imperial Enterprise Lab
- Representative of MBA Connect
- Students and alumni from the different programmes
- Industry mentors
Cost to attend
Staff from EEUK members – Free of Charge. All others – £125 (non-refundable).
Please register below.
Bookings are closed for this event.