10:00 am - 4:00 pm 25/05/2023
The Future is Freelance!
Inspiring and support freelancers/self-employed/portfolio workers
Hybrid: the morning session will be available online via Microsoft Teams, and the full day in-person at Dryden Enterprise Centre, Nottingham City. Supported by the Freelancer Club
Thursday 25th May 2023, 10.00am-4.00pm
According to statistics from The Freelancer Club, 83% of 18 to 24-year-olds dream of self-employment, and yet four in five graduates agree that universities and other educational institutions are failing to provide adequate tools, courses, and advice to better equip students and graduates for freelance careers.
In this landscape, 20% of freelancers fail in the first year of business with ‘lack of business know-how’, and ‘lack of industry contacts’ stated as the top reasons.
Join us in-person at the Dryden Enterprise Centre, Nottingham Trent University, or online for some of the day, to hear from leading speakers about how Enterprise Educators can best support students into freelance careers so that they hit student outcomes.
Speakers (to be announced)
Lunch, followed by an afternoon session for in-person delegates only.
Café conversations and tours of DEC
Delegates are welcome to stay and flexi desk on their pass until 6pm
Delegates will gain:
- Knowledge and understanding of how to support students into full time freelance so that they hit student outcomes (So they are prepared when they graduate and do not get stuck in the hospitality industry!)
- Knowledge and understanding of the freelance marketplace
- Understanding Industries’ need for freelancing to which universities and other education providers need to respond
- Outline of the pillars necessary for a sustainable freelance career
- Knowledge of platforms that break down barriers, widen participation democratising of work
- How to build confidence in and develop networks for freelancers
- Hearing from providers and freelancers, opportunity to ask questions and get answers and insights into barriers and issues
- Sharing knowledge with facilitation team and other delegates supporting freelancing (afternoon in-person delegates in café conversation in particular)
Cost to attend
EEUK Members FREE
Non-Members in-person £100
Non-Members on-line £30