10:00 am - 4:00 pm 17/06/2019
Coaching and mentoring for start-ups and growth:
The future in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous times
Monday June 17th 2019 10am – 4pm
Rose Bowl Room 513
Leeds Beckett University, Portland Crescent, Leeds, LS1 3HB
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Extend the breadth and depth of knowledge of coaching and mentoring for entrepreneurs and start-up businesses
- Be inspired by showcase examples of good practice from around the globe
- Have lots of opportunities to share practical tips and techniques that can be immediately applied
- Extend personal networks, explore opportunities to work together and develop action plans through Future Search
This event has been designed to be of benefit to people working as coaches or mentors and staff working in universities and colleges who design and deliver coaching and mentoring programmes for entrepreneurs, start-ups and growing businesses.
The day will start with a keynote from Professor Bob Garvey who is an acknowledged expert in the field. Bob will draw on extensive national and international experience and set the scene for the day. He will provide an opportunity to start discussion and debate in an ‘open space’ session where small groups of participants will discuss key challenges and opportunities they see and report back to the whole group to share knowledge and good practice.
An experienced coach mentor and practitioner will then ask some entrepreneurs to share their experiences of coaching and mentoring. The session will tease out key learning points associated with works well and why for both mentors and mentees.
During the afternoon introduction to Future Search will ensure interactivity and enable people to work on what matters to them. This session will encourage reflection, innovation and action planning and be facilitated by Professor Jeff Gold. Key issues and changes in the world impacting on the future of coaching and mentoring will be discussed and followed by an exploration of the current system. Jeff will encourage participants to consider what to keep, drop and create to finally envision a more desirable system. A clear set of practical outcomes from this interactive and stimulating aspect of the day will emerge.
Speakers and facilitators include
- Professor Bob Garvey (The Professional Mentor)
- Professor Jeff Gold (York St John/Leeds Beckett University)
- Professor David Devins (Leeds Beckett University)
- Faresh Maisura (MD Blueberry Solutions)
- Abi Golland (Director Street Food Chef)
- Fiona Scrase (Business Coach)
Cost to attend
Staff from EEUK members – Free of Charge. All other individuals – £125 (non-refundable).
Outline of the day
10.00 -10.15 Registration and networking
10.15 – 10.30 Welcome
Kate Beresford & Prof. David Devins
10.30 -11.15 Key note: Coaching and Mentoring Enterprising Young people -Prof. Bob Garvey
11.15 – 11.30 Open space ‘brainstorming’ and report back
12.15 – 13.15 Lunch and networking
13.15 -15.45 Introduction to Future Search: Coaching and Mentoring for start-ups – Facilitated by Prof. Jeff Gold
15.45 -16.00 Summary and close – Prof. David Devins