Manchester Enterprise Centre is a student-focused teaching centre offering students across the University a range of teaching programmes and extra-curricular activities in the area of enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Core and elective taught units in enterprise and entrepreneurship which are available in all Faculties and are taken by over 1,800 students each year, in mainly multi-disciplinary classes.
- Extra-curricular activities for students and recent graduates which attract more than 3,000 students; supporting the development of business opportunities including:
- Venture Out – ideas competition
- Venture Further – business start-up competition
- Harari Graphene Enterprise Award
- Enterprise Summer School
- Enterprise Futures Conference
- StartUp Spotlight – weekly speaker/networking series
- Entrepreneurs@Manchester – leading entrepreneurs sharing their stories
- Various workshops
- Mentoring support for students with ideas.
Main contact: Lynn Sheppard, Director