10:00 am - 4:00 pm 28/11/2018
Developing Social Entrepreneurs in UK Higher Education
Wednesday November 28th 2018 10am – 4pm
Plymouth Marjon University, Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH
*** Slides are available at the bottom of this page ***
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Obtain insights into how social enterprise and entrepreneurship are being addressed in Higher Education
- Hear about ‘real world’ examples from across the globe
- Take part in practical exercises as well as hearing theoretical insights
- Meet and network with enterprise and entrepreneurship educators from across the UK.
Plymouth is a hot-spot for social enterprise activity in the UK. It was the first Social Enterprise City in the UK, and is developing as a global ‘social enterprise city’. We have one of the most active social enterprise networks in the country and our three major HE providers: Plymouth University, Plymouth College of Art, and Plymouth Marjon University. All hold the Social Enterprise Mark, the only internationally available social enterprise accreditation scheme, enabling organisations to prove they are in business primarily to create benefits for people and planet.
This Enterprise Exchange event was a collaboration between these three major HE providers, coming together to provide insights into how social enterprise and entrepreneurship are being addressed in Higher Education, whilst providing ‘real world’ examples from across the globe. The event achieved a good balance between delivering theoretical insights and practical exercises. Delegates’ actions to take away from the event are pictured above.
Speakers and facilitators:
- Dr Mike Bull, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Dr Emily Beaumont, Plymouth Marjon University
- Sarah Stevenson, Plymouth Marjon University
- Dr Andreas Walmsley, Plymouth University
- Gareth Hart, Plymouth Social Enterprise Network
- Judith Reynolds, Plymouth University
- Paul Read, Plymouth College of Art
- Stephen Felmingham, Plymouth College of Art
Slides available here:
Bookings are closed for this event.