10:00 am - 12:45 pm 23/02/2022
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Learn what scholarship of teaching and learning is and how enterprise education can benefit from this
- Be inspired by sharing best practice related to module-specific, cross-module and cross-university scholarship projects in enterprise education
- Share insights with faculty leaders, academics and enterprise educators regarding scholarship work in enterprise education
- Understand how staff and students benefit from scholarship work in enterprise education
- Start to design their own scholarship projects to bid for funding from the EERPF
This EEUK Enterprise Exchange event, delivered in partnership with the Open University, focused on scholarship of teaching and learning and how enterprise education can benefit from it. There were breakout sessions for delegates to contribute to discussions and develop their own ideas.
Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) is research into teaching, learning and the curriculum. In the Open University’s Faculty of Business and Law, projects are supported by SCiLAB, the Centre for Innovation in Legal and Business Education. This event drew on scholarship projects from the Open University Business School to illustrate the School’s evidence-based approach to enterprise education, including (1) reasons for doing scholarship work and creating impact and (2) using evidence from SoTL to inform our educational practice. These examples helped delegates who are planning to create and evaluate new enterprise education materials or bid for funding from the Enterprise Education and Research Project Fund (EERPF) to reflect on what they would like to do and why and how they could proceed. We discussed the process of planning and executing a scholarship project, including research questions, data and methods, and the creation of impact.
- Academics and educators in enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Professionals responsible for student experience, student entrepreneurship, learning design and teaching delivery
Speakers and facilitators
- Carol Sherriff, Associate Dean Student Experience and Teaching Delivery, Faculty of Business and Law (speaker and facilitator)
- Dr Carolin Decker-Lange, Senior Lecturer in Management, Deputy Director (Business) SCiLAB – Scholarship Centre for Innovation in Legal and Business Education, Faculty of Business and Law (speaker and facilitator)
- Dr Richard Tunstall, Director of Enterprise Educators UK and Associate Professor of Enterprise, Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Studies, University of Leeds.
Slides can be downloaded below
Bookings are closed for this event.