10:00 am - 1:00 pm 16/03/2021
Improving Graduate Employability through Enterprise Education
Tuesday March 16th, 10am to 1pm
***Collated tweets from the event can be found here
***Slides can be downloaded at the bottom of this page
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Hear about and discuss a range of innovative approaches to delivering enterprise and entrepreneurship education to support employability at both UG and Masters’ level.
- Hear the latest from AGCAS on how enterprise education contributes to the employability journey and discuss case examples from the AGCAS task group on enterprise and entrepreneurship education.
- Consider how to articulate the value of enterprise in the context of employability to both students and colleagues.
- Gain practical tips and techniques that can be immediately adopted at their own institution.
- Share insights and ideas with other participants through breakout discussions.
This online Enterprise Exchange event, co-hosted by EEUK, Northumbria University and University of Bath, showcased several innovative and pioneeringly different methods of improving graduate employability through enterprise education and experiential learning. Examples included the Business Clinic final year-long education/experiential learning capstone module at Northumbria University; the ‘Practice Track’ in the University of Bath’s MSc Management programmes; and a state-of-the-art Professional Development Course for Master’s Students at Royal Holloway, University of London.
AGCAS contributed the latest thinking on how enterprise education and practice contributes to the employability journey and there were case examples from members of the AGCAS Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Education Task Group from Universities of Birmingham and Liverpool.
- Nigel Coates, Director of the Business Clinic, Northumbria University
- Nicola Burnip, Business Clinic Manager, Northumbria University
- Marc Lintern, AGCAS President and Director of the Careers Service, Newcastle University
- Dr Andy Pitchford, Head of Learning and Teaching, Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Bath
- Sarah Peel, MSc Careers and External Engagement Officer, University of Bath
- Dr Lucy Gill-Simmen, Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Royal Holloway University of London
- Helen Hook, Enterprise Educator, Careers Network, University of Birmingham
- Rachael Collins, Student Success Manager, University of Liverpool
See above for how to book onto this event