10:00 am - 4:00 pm 10/04/2019
90 Clarendon Road, Leeds, LS2 9LB
This was the first of our “Rough Guide” to Enterprise Education and Practice workshops and will be repeated in autumn 2019
10th April 2019
G.29 Charles Thackrah, University of Leeds, 90 Clarendon Road, Leeds, LS2 9LB
Is enterprise/entrepreneurship education a new challenge for you?
Want to “fast-track” your understanding of the enterprise education landscape?
Looking to meet others working in your field and see how they deliver for their students?
If you are interested in understanding more about the breadth of the enterprise/entrepreneurship agenda and extend your own practice, then this workshop is for you. It has been specifically designed by Enterprise Educators UK as an overview for all those with a professional interest in enterprise and entrepreneurship education and practice who are keen to:
- Meet others working in a variety of roles to deliver enterprise/entrepreneurship education and start-up
- See and experience real-life examples of enterprise education and student/graduate start-up
- Spend the day “jargon busting” and getting to grips with key sector drivers
- Have a chance to talk to, share with and learn from those who are in similar and related roles
The day will include a university walking tour, visiting class rooms and an incubator and having discussions with key staff, enterprise placement students, entrepreneur in residence and alumni. There will be an overview of key documents, bodies and driving frameworks that are shaping the UK approach and a showcase of resources and sign posting to assist with action planning.
Takeaways will include:
- Insights to delivering enterprise and entrepreneurship education from experienced practitioners
- Understanding of the landscape through an appreciation of the key bodies/agencies that drive and support UK enterprise education
- Networks, tools and resources that will assist you in delivering your role
Professor Sarah Underwood, University of Leeds
Speakers and facilitators
Philip Clegg, University of Huddersfield
Alison Price, Enterprise Educators UK
Bookings are closed for this event.