10:00 am - 1:00 pm 26/05/2021
Social Enterprise: Education, Support and Social Impact
Wednesday May 26th, 10am to 1pm
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Gain tips and tools for teaching and supporting social entrepreneurs and social enterprises.
- Hear about current research and thinking on enterprise education and social entrepreneurship.
- Improve their understanding of current industry perspectives on social entrepreneurship.
- Share insights and ideas with other participants through breakout discussions.
- Hear from social enterprises on their educational and training needs
This online EEUK Enterprise Exchange event, delivered in partnership with Coventry University, will focus on Social Enterprise and Enterprise Education. Social entrepreneurship and social enterprises are seeing a boom with a 12% increase between March and October 2020 – a trend that was emerging in 2019 and accelerated by Covid 19. Along with the UN Sustainable Development Goals agenda, there is a demand for social entrepreneurs and social enterprise education.
This event will focus on good practice and case studies along with showcasing Coventry’s Social Enterprise Ecosystem. This will be followed by breakout discussions around enterprise education for social entrepreneurs: what does it involve? Does it need to be different from other enterprise education models? Is a social entrepreneurial mindset different to other entrepreneurial mindsets?
- Professor Gideon Maas, Director of the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE) Coventry University
- Dr Richard Tomlins, Assistant Professor, International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE); UK City of Culture Champion for Faculty of Business and Law
- Angela Armstrong, Programme Director for Fashion at Coventry University.
- Ann Muirhead (SFHEA), Assistant Professor in Fashion, Coventry University, Curriculum Lead for Design and Associate Head of School for Global Engagement (Acting)
- Mariama Njie, Social Enterprise Programme Manager, Coventry University Social Enterprise CIC (CUSE)
- Ian O’Donnell MBE, Founder of Real Point Design and Board Director, Federation of Small Businesses
- Dr Jaliyyah Bello, Assistant Professor in Finance and Sustainable Development Goals Lead for Faculty of Business and Law, Coventry University
- Stacey-Jade Mason, founder of Coventry based social enterprise Creative Optimistic Visions.
This event is free to attend for EEUK members and £100 for others.
To register, scroll down below the agenda.
AGENDA (subject to change)
Kate Beresford, Enterprise Educators UK
|10.10||Coventry Social Entrepreneurial Eco-system and ICTE
Professor Gideon Maas, Coventry University
|Theme: Social Enterprise in the curriculum|
|10.20||Embedding & Gamifying social value into the Business Model Canvas
Dr Richard Tomlins, Coventry University
|10.40||Fashion students working with social enterprises
Angela Armstrong/Ann Muirhead, Coventry University
|11.00||Sustainable Development Goals Champion: embedding SDGs in the curriculum
Dr Jaliyyah Bello, Coventry University
|11.20||Short tea/ coffee break|
|Theme: Supporting social enterprises|
|11.30||The growth of Social Enterprises
Ian O Donnell, Federation of Small Business
|11.50||Social Enterprises: Friendly Cities Programme
Mariama Njie, Social Enterprise Programme Manager, CUSE
|12.00||Support from Coventry University
Stacey-Jade Mason of Creative Optimistic Visions
Discussion on topics of:
a) the needs (skills, mindset) of social entrepreneurs
b) embedding social entrepreneurship in the curriculum
|12.35||Breakout room feedback|
|12.55||Conclusions and close|
Zoom joining details will be emailed to Delegates approximately one week before the event.