10:00 am - 4:00 pm 31/01/2018
UCL BaseKX, 103c Camley Street, London, N1C 4PF
*** The Storify for this event can be found here ***
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Hear from entrepreneurship educators and practitioners who will share innovative tools and techniques for identifying, recruiting and nurturing technology entrepreneurs
- Build new networks with like-minded educators and entrepreneurs
- Meet tech start-ups and learn about the opportunities and challenges within the sector
- Visit the new UCL BaseKX start up space
According to Tech Nation 2017, the growth rate of digital jobs was more than double that of non-digital jobs between 2011 and 2015. Furthermore, these jobs are highly skilled and highly paid, and the firms in this sector create an economic output of close to £100bn per year, contributing to the productivity and growth of the wider UK economy. (More information available here: https://technation.techcityuk.com/growth-tech/.
But how do we support our students and graduates to benefit from these opportunities?
This interactive Enterprise Exchange event was designed to share innovative practices for building tech entrepreneur engagement and development. During the day entrepreneurship educators and practitioners shared innovative approaches which are currently contributing to the growth of the digital economy. We also showcased several tech start-ups, hearing about the opportunities and challenges from those who are immersed in this sector.
Speakers and facilitators
- Ben Cave, TechNation
- Farhan Lalji, MD, Rokk3r Labs, Kings College London
- Ben Mumby-Croft, Director of Entrepreneurship, Imperial College London
- Cathy Holloway, Director Global Disability Innovation Hub, UCL
- Thomas Stone, Co-Founder PredictionIO
- Cyrille Najar, CEO White Lab
- Noor Alkahadra, CEO WeGeek
- Jerry Allen, Director of Entrepreneurship, UCL
You can download the event slides below:
See above for how to book onto this event