Sheffield Hallam University’s vision for the 21st century is to be a world leading applied university, and driving the enterprise agenda across the University is recognised as a key factor for its success. We want our students to graduate with the right skills and mindset necessary to meet the challenges of today’s labour market, and the Enterprise Team will make an important contribution towards fulfilling this aim.
Through our programmes of support we encourage our students to develop a whole range of related skills, attributes and behaviours. We are also about providing students with the opportunity to take ownership of initiatives whilst providing a “safe” environment in which to take risks, make mistakes and learn from the experience in a positive manner.
We do this in a number of ways:
- Placement Year Enterprise Scholarship (PYES)
- Graduate start-up programme
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa
- Free office and starter studio space (The Hatchery)
- 1:1 business advice from a team of specialist advisers
- A range of start-up workshops
- Hallam Freelancers: a freelance service to local SMEs
- Hallam Enterprise Award (showcasing our most promising businesses)
- Enterprise Action Week: an annual event offering a week-long series of competitions, workshops and presentations
- Enterprise Mentoring Scheme
- Networking events
- Enterprise skills development workshops in the curriculum
Main contact: Caroline Nouvellon, telephone 0114 225 6980 , e-mail email@example.com