Engaging our students in enterprise learning and entrepreneurship develops talent and enables students to become more employable, enhancing the student experience and contributing to the economy and society.
Through the Career Development Service the University engages students by offering:
- Enterprise learning opportunities to all students, both within the curriculum and as extra-curricular activity, in order to equip students with the knowledge, experience and skills to become enterprising employees;
- Advice, information and practical support to help entrepreneurial students and recent graduates to start their own business through several programmes of support, includingEnterprise Inc.
In terms of employability, our students will have many transferable skills associated with enterprise as well as developing personal qualities, such as the capacity to generate ideas, risk-taking, commercial awareness, communication and leadership skills.
Proactive students lead our Bright Futures Society and Enactus Leicester, facilitated by University advisers. Students, staff and alumni are also invited to be part of the University of Leicester Business Network and Social Enterprise Leicester, online networking forums encouraging cross-fertilisation of ideas.
Our range of enterprise and entreprenuership programmes provide:
- business skills training
- bursary support to students/recent graduates
- connections to new networks
- accreditation through the Leicester Award
Career Development Service works closely with Enterprise Business and Development at the university to provide support with, Intellectual Property and Commercialisation, Regional Engagement and Business Services & Collaboration.