10:00 am - 1:00 pm 08/07/2021
Measuring the Impact of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Education
Thursday July 8th, 10am to 1pm
Delegates had the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge of and apply measurement tools for enterprise and entrepreneurship education
- Discuss what is important in measuring impact of enterprise and entrepreneurship education from different stakeholder perspectives
- Hear how others have applied a variety of measurement tools and approaches
- Learn how to use measurement of impact to improve their own practice and demonstrate the impact of enterprise and entrepreneurship education to a variety of stakeholders
This online EEUK Enterprise Exchange event, delivered in partnership with the University of Derby, focused on sharing good practice in measuring the longitudinal impact of enterprise and entrepreneurship education activities, modules and courses, using straightforward approaches.
The event was delivered through a series of presentations, discussions, break outs and case studies of different approaches to measurement with presenters from a variety of universities. The objective was for delegates to take away several tools and techniques for measuring the effect of their actions on their students. These measurements can be used to demonstrate impact with various stakeholders, including the students themselves.
This event follows the successful completion of a project funded through EEUK’s Enterprise Education and Research Project Fund (EERPF). This project investigated how the impact of entrepreneurship education on skills and attitudes was measured. Members of the consortium team highlighted some of the practical outcomes of this research in a bid to increase the community’s depth of knowledge and to help enhance overall student learning. Some measurement tools have already been collated in the ETC Toolkit (search for EERPF) and this event provided an opportunity for further dissemination of the implications and suggested actions from the ongoing research.
- Dr Nicola Lynch, University of Derby
- Vic Curtis, University of Derby
- Rob Moon, University of Derby
- Matt Rogers-Draycott, Royal Agricultural University
- Dr Kelly Smith, University of Birmingham
- Dr Emilee Simmons, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Philip Clegg, University of Huddersfield
- Dr Sarah Preedy, Plymouth Marjon University
Slides and presentations
Bookings are closed for this event.