10:00 am - 12:30 pm 23/04/2024
Fast Track to Enterprise and Entrepreneurship for Careers Professionals
Careers Professionals/Head of Service/Careers Advisors, Coaches, Mentors and Service Providers Delivered over 2 mornings Tuesday 23rd and Tuesday 30th April 2024 (10am-12.30pm)
AGCAS PROFESSIONAL PATHWAYS* • 0–2 years • Enterprise and entrepreneurship *Discover more about the Professional Pathways.
About the course
Are you looking to ‘fast track’ your understanding of enterprise and entrepreneurship?
Are you new to this area or seeking to top up or check your understanding?
You may be a careers adviser, coach, Head of Service or other career professional working in higher education. Join EEUK, the national membership body for enterprise educators, and members of the AGCAS Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Task Group for two short morning sessions if you feel that you are:
- increasingly responding to questions about start-up or freelancing
- helping students showcase their skills/development from work experiences in the gig economy
- ready for a refresher on all things ‘enterprise and entrepreneurship’ to ensure you can support the entrepreneurial ambitions of others.
If you are interested in understanding more about the UK enterprise and entrepreneurship agenda, or want to extend your developing practice to support the ambitions of your students, then this online event has been specifically designed for you! It will provide an overview for those keen to:
- connect with others working in careers across a variety of roles (support staff, advisers, coaches, mentors, and Head of Service) to provide signposting or support to those considering business start-up, or how best to articulate the skills learnt across a wide range of work experiences. This will include the gig economy, portfolio working and seller sites, such as Ebay or Etsy.
- “jargon bust” the language of enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- gain an appreciation of key changes in the sector and the reports, tools and resources that can help you.
- join a showcase of examples of practice from across enterprise education and student/graduate start-up.
- explore student needs with like-minded colleagues and sector experts to share practice.
- build a support network by making the most of the online opportunities to talk to, share with and learn from those who are in similar and related roles.
Still not sure? Listen to the 3E Podcast to hear us in discussion to whet your appetite and get in the zone.
Takeaways will include:
- insights into delivering enterprise and entrepreneurship education from experienced practitioners, careers professionals and advisers.
- understanding of student needs within the sector landscape through an appreciation of the key bodies/agencies that drive and support UK enterprise education.
- a network, tools and online resources that will assist you in delivering for your students.
What to expect
- Once confirmed on the programme, you’ll be sent a brief questionnaire to complete. This will help tailor the content of the programme by ensuring you will be working with the right people. Also you will be asked to listen to the 3 E Podcast (select either Enterprise and/or Entrepreneurship) to help inform your small group discussions
- The course is delivered using Zoom Meeting. You will join for 2 (both) half-day morning sessions, with enough time in between to undertake small update activities (such as asking questions, reading, review) that you want to do.
- In both sessions, we will work together, talk, share, and meet others. There will be short inputs on policy and practice and focus how you might be able use the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework in your work.
- You will meet specially invited expert ‘VIP’ practitioners from the AGCAS Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Task Group and from across the EEUK Membership, in our unique EEUK FAST TRACK “zoom-carousel” format, and be able to “ask anything”
- We will also share all the key resources at the end of each session, so no need to take notes, just join in to get on “fast track” to enterprise and entrepreneurship if this is all new to you!.
Tuesday 23rd AND Tuesday 30th April 2024 (10am start)
Please note: delegates attend BOTH ½ days and the gap in between dates is so that delegates have time to reflect.
Cost: £125 for EEUK and AGCAS members; £150 for non-members
Not able to make this date? Then email direct to reserve your place on the next programme, scheduled for: July 18th and 25th 2024
Please note that delegate places on Fast Track will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment or a signed Purchase Order from your institution. Fast Track places are NON-REFUNDABLE we may at our discretion allow a place to be postponed where we are able to fill the vacant space.