Birkbeck’s Enterprise Pathways programme delivers a range of support and expertise to match our diversity of students who are pursuing, or considering, an entrepreneurial career. Birkbeck has a hugely diverse student cohort including those at the beginning of their career and setting out on their entrepreneurial path, to those who are making a career transition and using their expertise to establish something on their own.
Sitting within our Careers & Employability service, our range of initiatives support entrepreneurial students across the university; be it freelancing, self-employment, starting up or growing an existing venture, Enterprise Pathways provides a platform for development.
Our activities include:
- Pioneer: a dedicated extra-curricular short course for students to develop their business ideas, enhance their entrepreneurial skills & ultimately compete in our in-house competition, pitching to an esteemed panel of judges | #BBKpioneer
- Workshops & Events: to inspire and inform students about the world enterprise and entrepreneurship, regularly bringing founders at different stages of their start-up journeys to campus
- Freelance Bootcamps: to support our diverse cohort of students with their freelance ventures and self-employment opportunities.
- Mentoring: matching entrepreneurial students to enterprise mentors to support with ideation, starting up and growing their business, providing more tailored support service.
- The Virtual Enterprise: allowing students to team up, delegate roles and run an online business, aiming to be the most profitable venture and developing their business acumen along the way.
- Digital resources: a range of opportunities to support students who learn best online or require a distance learning option, opening the door to learn anywhere.
- Audience With: a new series of inspiring talks from those who have been there and done it – sharing their stories about success, failure and the importance of resilience
Social: @BirkbeckCareers | #BeInspired
Contact: email@example.com | Jenna Davies