Brunel University London is a pioneering institution that embeds entrepreneurship and innovation at its foundation, aiming to equip every student with the entrepreneurial mindset and abilities essential for future success. Under the strategic guidance of our Pro Vice Chancellor for Enterprise and Employment, we have forged numerous mutually advantageous international, national, and local collaborations, offering our students and alumni numerous hands-on entrepreneurship opportunities. In 2023, Brunel University’s entrepreneurial activities were nationally acknowledged and was shortlisted for the THE awards for Outstanding Entrepreneurial University.
Our commitment to supporting and nurturing our entrepreneurial ecosystem often begins with personalised, one-on-one business consultations. We understand that every idea is unique, and our dedicated Entrepreneurship Consultants provide free, tailored advice and guidance to all our students, graduates and staff. We effectively scale entrepreneurship throughout the university through collaboration.
The Entrepreneur Hub supports Brunel University’s entrepreneurial community in the following ways:
- Support with success in Competitions: Our students have consistently secured thousands of pounds in entrepreneurial competitions annually, demonstrating the prowess of our entrepreneurial community.
- Personalised Support: We have delivered over 500 one-on-one business consultations, tailoring our guidance to each student or graduate’s unique entrepreneurial journey.
- Partnerships for Freelancers: Our partnership with the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE) has empowered 200+ students to explore freelancing opportunities, granting them access to a vibrant network and invaluable support.
- Enriching Workshops: Our business training workshops have empowered 300+ aspiring entrepreneurs with essential skills and knowledge, propelling them towards start-up success.
- Expert Guidance: Over 150 students have benefitted from professional advice provided by intellectual property attorneys, accountants, and marketing experts, ensuring their business ideas are nurtured and refined.
- Venture Competition Impact: The Brunel Venture Competition has distributed £50,000 in prize money to students and recent graduates, propelling their innovative ideas forward.
- Embedding Entrepreneurship in the Curriculum: The Entrepreneur Hub collaborates with academics to design specialised enterprise and entrepreneurship learning journeys.