The University of Hertfordshire is a pioneer of business-focused education: We have been leaders in this field for the past 40 years, championing entrepreneurship, developing innovative programmes and earning an international reputation as the UK’s number one business-facing university. In 2017, we celebrated 25 years as a university and 65 years of delivering first class higher education for business. Today our heart remains in Hertfordshire, but our reach is global. UH is one of the top 200 universities in the world under 50 years old according to the Times Higher Education 2018 rankings.
The commitment of University of Hertfordshire (UH) to entrepreneurship is part of its DNA. This business facing identity is evident across the University and within its strategies and policies. What it means in practice is that UH looks to distinguish its students through equipping and enabling them to be innovative, creative, highly employable and equipped for their futures.
The University supports entrepreneurial staff and students by:
- Embedding enterprise activities into the curriculum
- Running a competition to assess entrepreneurial ideas
- Holding workshops and webinars on all aspects of starting and running a business or freelancing
- Providing one-to-one business advice
- Offering office accommodation and facilities for budding student and graduate entrepreneurs
- Opening up our campuses to local entrepreneurs in order to create a community of practice
- Providing funding to support start-ups and spin-out companies