Driven by our commitment to social justice, we focus our expertise, talents and creativity to advance knowledge, promote understanding and achieve educational outcomes for the benefit of all. We aim for our graduates to make positive, informed choices about their future andpossess the attributes, confidence, experience and understanding to thrive in professional work, further study or an enterprising endeavour.
York St John offers a broad choice of enterprise education activities, borne out of a collaborative approach with academic departments, our enterprise centre and external stakeholders. Activities and support include:
- Discover and Launch Funds to aid progression and development of business ideas
- Series of workshops to provide practical and experiential learning
- Mentor support
- 1:1 enterprise appointments
- Incubator space in our Enterprise Centre
- Freelance opportunities
- Social enterprise exploration through the Living Lab
- Competitions – opportunity to register with Ingenuity
- Start-up visa endorsements for international students
- Networking events
We recognise that enterprise-thinking and employability skills are not mutually exclusive, and success is relative. Through the curriculum and extra-curricular activities, we embed our graduate attributes using an ‘acquire, apply and articulate’ approach. We aim to create self-belief in our students for them to make empowered choices, take informed risks and become resilient.
Contact: Richard Jones (Graduate & Enterprise Adviser), firstname.lastname@example.org